Wednesday, November 3, 2010

First Step: The Horns

Loki just isn't as impressive without his horns. In my opinion they will make or break this costume, so I'm starting with them. They will be the hardest part (to get just right) so I might as well dig in.

I originally thought about creating a mold for the horns, that way I could get two identical horns. But I started pricing the materials to do so and all said and done it would probably cost $200-$300 just for the horns. That's a bit much. I know this costume is going to be expensive, but that's more than I want to spend on just the horns.

So I'm investigating some alternatives. I've been watching some YouTube videos on bending PVC pipe. I think I'll play around with that. PVC is very cheap, so if I screw up a few times, it's no big deal.

I'll take lots of pictures of my attempts and be sure to keep everyone up to date on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment